In case anyone missed the tweets from our national treasure, Reese Witherspoon, my #TBT Movie for this week came out 15 years ago on Wednesday.
Elle Woods is the perfect Throwback Thursday Bae.
Here’s some reasons why you should spend Thursday with my girl Elle and everyone’s favorite Chihuahua, Bruiser Woods.
- Elle knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go after it.
- Elle makes a killer video essay….
and paper resume.
- Girl doesn’t let anyone boss her around. Ladies, take note.
- The Bend and Snap. Watch Reese Witherspoon do it today, it’s equally as cute.
- Bruiser Woods. I’m not one for Chihuauas, but I love Bruiser. RIP. This little dog put up with so much crap, the costumes, riding in purses…actually, he had a great life.
- Elle is a great friend. She is there for Brooke. She even is kind to Vivian. Elle Woods is a role model to all women. Love one another, be kind, bring your friends care packages when they are in need.
- Elle has high standards for her men. She doesn’t have time for boneheads. She has plans, you have to keep up.
- So basically, men aren’t going to hold her back which she learned from another badass – bae, Holland Taylor a.k.a. Professor Stromwell.
- Elle gives great advice. She is actually, wise beyond her years.
- Legally Blonde has all the visual components of a good throwback. Fun outfits, terrible hair, blue eye shadow, scrunchies, tinted sunglasses and colorful Macbooks.
Bonus: the sound track is also a gem. The early 2000’s was a magical time.
You need Elle Woods in your life. And Bruiser Woods, Gemini-Vegitarian. You need him too. Happy Thursday!
You can catch Legally Blonde on Netflix and rent Legally Blonde/Legally Blonde 2 on Amazon Prime.